Theater Renovation Completed
We are proud to announce the completion of this important second phase of our renovation. Simply put, we could not have done it without the ongoing support of you, our audience and patrons. Many of you got a chance to see it during the run of our most recent production, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Hopefully, this photo will give the rest of you a chance to see our beautiful and classy upgraded home. With shows in March and May of 2011, you will get more opportunities to see it with your own eyes.
Our projects included:
- Painting our ceiling black to clean up our look and keep the focus on the stage
- Removing, cleaning, bench-focusing and fixing all our theatrical lights
- Building a stage extension to bring our productions closer to the audience
- Painting the walls and trim throughout the theater, aisles and lobby changing it from mauve and maroon to different shades and blue
- Replacing and repainting our SVP logo in the auditorium
- Adding a gold trim board in the auditorium
- Adding new art deco-style curtains to our interior doors
- Adding curtains in front of and behind our ticket booth
- Recarpeting the entire area from lobby to stage
- Adding new seats with good padding and cool fabric including aisle lights in the arms
- Re-stenciling the lobby to keep the art deco theme and recognize the theater's start in the 1920's
- Adding new art and other interesting design features to the bathrooms
- Fixing up the seating area at the top of our main aisle with paint and new curtains
- Updating all our historic posters in the lobby and aisles
- Painting all floors and repairing lots of other areas where it was needed
We thank all the people who contributed time, effort, sweat, planning/constructing/designing/artistic expertise and, of course, dollars to reach our goal. Our outside vendors were also a big part of the final project with special thanks to Stoughton's Sensible Painting and Premier Flooring.
While we raised some money over the past two years, this big project also reduced SVP's financial resources. To that end, there are still opportunities for you to be part of the Stoughton Village Players family and to support community theater . We will continue to sell brick dedications for the area in front of the theater until we have no more blank bricks available. The two sizes are $100 and $300 and present a unique way to recognize family and loved ones or just to have your name in our beautiful downtown permanently. We also offer dedications in the arms of our new, beautiful chairs for $200 which will also continue until they're all accounted for. With the holidays coming up, it can be an excellent and lasting gift. See other areas on this site for contact information.
Finally, we hope you get down to see the renovations at an upcoming show and continue to attend Stoughton's arts and theater events/venues whenever you can. This is what makes us unique and a great place to live. Thanks to all.
Theater Renovation Act I - "Tear Out"